The Principal Naval Architect acts as a coach within the department and focuses on the quality and technical content of the own discipline, including its development. In addition, you provide extra knowledge and experience in the projects by looking at all projects of colleagues for support and you carry out checks, with which you further raise the quality level of Naval Architecture. You report directly to the Manager of the department and you are the technical point of contact and the coach for (Senior) Naval Architects of your discipline. As a coach, you also take care of the development of your colleagues and the department.
A Principal Naval Architect works as a foreman and manages the (Senior) Naval Architects. Quality is an important focus in this position, including the development and maintenance of associated quality processes. Also, the Principal Naval Architect functions within a project as a consultant and technical authority for his own field, but also in relation to other disciplines or the rest of the stakeholders such as subcontractors, and suppliers. You thus monitor consistency and shipbuilding integrity within specific projects and overarching all designs.
You have a strong vision of your field and innovations, you have innovative insights that you can research and translate into plans and solutions to improve existing processes, tools, systems, and design methods. You train and coach (Senior) Naval Architects, collect best practices, and teach others. In addition, you prepare the R&D agenda for your discipline in collaboration with the Pool Manager Marine Engineers and the Manager Naval Architecture & Structural Engineering. You then also collect and monitor the progress of improvement and development initiatives.
- A completed technical HBO / WO education, preferably relevant to your discipline;
- more than 7 years of work experience as (Senior / Lead / Principal) Naval Architect in a project-driven organization within ship or yacht building;
- Demonstrably good coaching skills and strong communication skills;
- Very strong professionally, with extensive knowledge in the field of safety and regulations for yacht building;
- Vision on the field, able to transfer and realize knowledge and innovation in new designs and concepts;
- The Principal Naval Architect inspires and is an authority and sparring partner for the MT in the area of attention;
- Innovative, organization-aware, structured, and quality-conscious;
Our client is one of the largest players in unique custom-built superyachts. They are responsible for Design, Engineering, and Research & Development. They distinguish themselves in these three disciplines. To meet their customer expectation, they work with state of the art 3D tooling, concurrent design, and integrated engineering. They start with a blank page and realize the customer's ultimate dream. Exceeding customer expectations is what they aim for.
Conditions of employment:
– Salary range from €4600 – €6200, a month based on experience
– 38 holidays (25+13 ADV/Rota-Free days)
– Travel allowance
– Permanent position
– Highly modern and international working environment
Apply directly or get in touch with Ian Dankbaar for more info. Whatsapp or call 06-57184872 , mail to Ian.Dankbaar@mcflybrown.com