Let us explain
Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) Developer / Specialist
Are you a Specialist in working and further developing AFM machines with preferably 5 years of experience in a complex working environment, and do you wish to help build groundbreaking mechatronic machinery for the semiconductor industry? Read on and find out if this is your next job…
In this role you will be involved in developing AFM technologies and hardware applications for the semiconductor industry. By theoretical analysis and simulations, design and building working prototypes, you show how the technical challenges of our customers can be solved. You will also help R&D develop the next generation of AFM systems for metrology applications.
In this role you will travel about 10% of your time. You will report directly to the CTO.
- Analyse and predict customer needs and translating them into system requirements
- Create conceptual designs
- Build experimental setups for demonstrating key aspects
- Building and characterizing full instrument protoypes
- Apply your experience and knowledge about the physics of tip-sample interaction, dynamics of the AFM cantilever, optical beam deflection, closed loop control of AFM, various scanning modes (Tapping mode (AM mode) frequency modulation (FM mode), force-distance measurement, electrical measurement, nanomechanical measurements)
- Translating customer needs in Metrology to recipes for AFM measurements
- Recommending design changes and material substitution
- Advising users on appropirate actions to correct malfunctions
- Maintaining close contact with customers
Qualification and Experience
- At least a Master's Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, or Physics, with focus on kinematics, dynamics, opto-mechanics or equivalent experience
- Preferrably a second degree in Physics, Mathematics or other degree of relevance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a complex and highly-demanding working environment
- Experience in analyzing accuracy, applicability, and adherence to design specifications
- Experience in analyzing expected AFM performance, through generating models and simulations and having lead a multidisciplinairy team to an optimal solution
- Strong knowhow of the Semiconductor industries with its challenges in the face of nano-metrology and nano-manufacturing
- Experience/knowledge of building nanoscale instruments like an AFM of SPM and the phyiscs behind such an instrument
- Experience in measurement analysis and written technical report
- Experience with test-setups and execution of highly complex experiments
- Experience with Sub-nanometer AFM metrology / tuning for closed loop control of AFM
- MATLAB / Simulink
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Committed to delivering results on deadline
Our client designs, develops and integrates machines for the high-tech industry. Creativity, technology and engineering is what drives our client. You get a lot of responsibilities and freedom to fulfill your role within a young and ambitious team of highly qualified staff.
Terms and conditions
- Competitive salary up on request
- Permanent position
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 Holidays
- Travel allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Optional: Working from home (1 day a week)
Excited? Apply directly or contact Martijn Tigchelaar for more information. You can whatsapp or call him on +316-58830000 or mail to Martijn.Tigchelaar@mcflybrown.com
You will receive a response to your application within five days.
INTRODUCTION by telephone
Do we have an opportunity for you? Then our first priority is to get to know you better.
We introduce you to all suitable vacancies and companies.
We will guide you through this process and make sure you are well prepared for your interviews.
Are both parties interested in a collaboration? Then we will provide you with the best possible contractual conditions.
Your new job
Happy with the offer? Only after you are happy and have signed your new contract, our work is officially done. Congratulations!